Tides and water levels data archive
Services and information
Historical, downloadable tide and water level data for 968 gauges across Canada.
Definition of water level gauge benchmarks and access to the tide and water levels benchmark database.
Monthly mean water level in metres referred to chart datum.
Historical monthly mean water levels for each of the Great Lakes from 1918 to 2021.
Tidal field and format descriptions
The TCF is a format used to exchange tidal predictions, water levels, currents and tidal constituents data.
Sample record of tidal highs and lows data.
Sample record of tidal daily mean levels, monthly mean levels and extremes data.
What we are doing
- Canadian Hydrographic Service Non-Navigational (NONNA) Bathymetric Data
- Chart Index
- Natural Resource Maps
- S57 Individual Electronic Navigation Chart Limits
- S-100 services for safe and optimized e-navigation
- Automated Hydrographic Surface Vehicles
- Channel Survey and Sounding Vessels
- The Science of Hydrography